Whether you have lived in apartments for years or are just getting ready to rent your first place, there are a few tips and tricks that you can use to make living in apartments in St Louis a lot more enjoyable. The tips below will help make apartment living more comfortable, more affordable, and more convenient:
- Get (and stay) on good terms with your landlord. It is important to establish a good relationship with your landlord right out of the gate. This relationship starts the minute that you meet them to view your new place. Treat them with respect and let them know that you are a responsible renter. Always pay your rent on time and take good care of the place. By being a good renter, you can stay on your landlord’s good side. That way, if any problems do come up, they will usually go out of their way to help.
- Consider negotiating to see if you can save. If you are moving into a building where there are a lot of vacancies, you may be able to reduce your move-in expenses by negotiating with your landlord. For instance, they may be willing to waive your first month’s rent or to offer you a lower deposit. It never hurts to ask. Just be sure to be respectful about it and don’t throw a fit if they won’t budge on the price.
- Choose nice furniture for your apartment. If you want your apartment to feel more like a home rather than like a college dorm room, consider purchasing nice furniture. You don’t have to spend a lot of money to get some really great pieces. Instead, shop at thrift stores, yard sales, and in your local classified ads. With a little bit of searching, you should be able to find at least a few high-end pieces that you can use to dress up your space.
- Accessorize your space. Just because you are living in an apartment doesn’t mean that your space has to be dull and lifeless. You can bring color and personality into your home through the accessories that you choose. Brightly colored area rugs, throw pillows, and artwork can make a huge difference in how attractive and inviting your apartment looks and feels. You may even want to consider purchasing a large tapestry to cover one of your walls. This is a great way to bring color and movement into your space without having to apply paint.
- Learn how to deal with noisy neighbors. One of the downsides of living in an apartment is that you live right next door to your neighbors. If the people who live next to you are extremely loud, it can make it difficult to relax in your space. Instead of confronting them directly, consider talking to your landlord about the problem. That way, your neighbors won’t know that the complaint came from you, helping to avoid any future conflicts.
These five tips for living in apartments in St Louis can not only help you save money but can also make your apartment feel like home.